Skip to main content

What Is The Future Of The Super Hero?

It is always hard to tell what the future holds, and the same goes for the super hero. It is possible the super hero could die off and be lost for years and possibly even decades. Right now it does not seem like that is going to happen. Recently there has been a new surge for the super hero, mainly coming from movies. In the past 5 years there have been about a dozen super hero movies that have come out and have had great success, and there are only more to come. At this point in time I think the super hero is at a good place in American society. You see kids all the time wearing super hero T-shirts and backpacks, and although you may not see that as much with teenagers and adults, the fans are there. The new Batman movie that came out in 2010 brought back the almost dead movie character and with a sequel coming out in May of 2012 only good things can come. Although I have only seen the trailer for the new Batman movie I do not expect it to disappoint. There is also another Spider-Man movie coming out right around the same time as the Batman movie. This Spider-Man movie goes back to the beginning and does not follow the same path as the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man. Also another movie that I think should be very promising is The Avengers. This cast includes super heroes like Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor just to name a few. These movies may even be responsible for bringing super heroes more popularity and could even create a greater comic book fan base.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Comics Ch. 1-2 & Comic Book Nation Ch.1

To begin with, I really do like the idea of reading a comic about comics. I think it's a great idea and it's very well executed. As I was reading the first two chapters, I was surprised at how many examples there were of art in recent (and ancient, in some cases) history that are variations of "sequential visual art" and thus the foundations of modern comics. I'd never even thought about it before and it was hard to believe how many different kinds there were. I also love all the discussion about how our human brains automatically interpret certain images in a specific way, how we see others constantly but we identify ourselves when we look at cartoons, and how inanimate objects automatically becomes extensions of our bodies. The pyramid of styles was very interesting too as a way to conceptualize and almost graph or "place" a specific art style in comics. In Comic Book Nation , I enjoyed reading about the evolution of early comics from "funnies...

MegaCon 2011 Mobile Blog Entry

Next up, the Crime Noir Panel hosted by The Rack Pack Comic Podcast . Jimmy Palmiotti, Frank Tieri, Darwyn Cook and Dave Johnson are the speakers. MegaCon has matured as the comic industry has grown in importance in popular culture. Orlando's native convention should be attracting this kind of top talents and now it seem to be doing it.

Adrian Veidt

Even though I have not completely finished chapter ten, I was so excited to see that the Minute men had the same hypothesis that I did, being that Adrian Veidt was behind the murders.  My reasoning began when I recalled that earlier in the minute men's career he, Adrian, ditched them and went off on his own.  I have since wondered what his reasoning for doing so was, but after the last few pages, the idea of ultimate power comes to mind.  If Adrian is the leader of a huge corporation and has all of this power and basically his own continent, being probably the only powerful person to live on Antarctica, all that is left standing in his way of doing what he wants are those who might be equally as powerful as him or more so.  The only people that fit into this category of people who might be able to stop him are the minute men or other masked heros.  I further believe that Adrian does not care what he has to do to make money and achieve power.  One letter to him addresses him wanting...