Skip to main content

What Is The Future Of The Super Hero?

Predicting the future is a very hard thing to do, but in my opinion the super hero has a bright future. Recently the super hero has been making a comeback in the movie industry. Creators are realizing the comic book era is starting to die out and different forms of media are taking over. Just about every super hero movie that has been released has done well in sales and even has one in the top grossing movies of all-time (The Dark Knight). Do to all the movies success, another outlet has been opened up, merchandise. There are clothes, lunch boxes, and tons of other items that are being sold with super heroes on them and a lot of the sales have to do with the success of the movies. Even though the movies are the main way super heroes are getting exposure nowadays I think they will become relevant in other forms of media in the future. Super heroes start to show up more and become more popular when there are major events going on in the world and right now there isn’t much for the writes to capitalize on, as more major incidents and events start to occur in the world I think you will start to see more and more superheroes make a return. Even though superheroes aren’t popular now I think they will start to make a comeback in the future.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Comics Ch. 1-2 & Comic Book Nation Ch.1

To begin with, I really do like the idea of reading a comic about comics. I think it's a great idea and it's very well executed. As I was reading the first two chapters, I was surprised at how many examples there were of art in recent (and ancient, in some cases) history that are variations of "sequential visual art" and thus the foundations of modern comics. I'd never even thought about it before and it was hard to believe how many different kinds there were. I also love all the discussion about how our human brains automatically interpret certain images in a specific way, how we see others constantly but we identify ourselves when we look at cartoons, and how inanimate objects automatically becomes extensions of our bodies. The pyramid of styles was very interesting too as a way to conceptualize and almost graph or "place" a specific art style in comics. In Comic Book Nation , I enjoyed reading about the evolution of early comics from "funnies...

MegaCon 2011 Mobile Blog Entry

Next up, the Crime Noir Panel hosted by The Rack Pack Comic Podcast . Jimmy Palmiotti, Frank Tieri, Darwyn Cook and Dave Johnson are the speakers. MegaCon has matured as the comic industry has grown in importance in popular culture. Orlando's native convention should be attracting this kind of top talents and now it seem to be doing it.

Adrian Veidt

Even though I have not completely finished chapter ten, I was so excited to see that the Minute men had the same hypothesis that I did, being that Adrian Veidt was behind the murders.  My reasoning began when I recalled that earlier in the minute men's career he, Adrian, ditched them and went off on his own.  I have since wondered what his reasoning for doing so was, but after the last few pages, the idea of ultimate power comes to mind.  If Adrian is the leader of a huge corporation and has all of this power and basically his own continent, being probably the only powerful person to live on Antarctica, all that is left standing in his way of doing what he wants are those who might be equally as powerful as him or more so.  The only people that fit into this category of people who might be able to stop him are the minute men or other masked heros.  I further believe that Adrian does not care what he has to do to make money and achieve power.  One letter to him addresses him wanting...