Skip to main content

What is the future for the Superhero

What is the future for the superhero? The future of the superhero in my opinion us a very bright one. With films like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America opening up the Marvel Universal, Marvel can expand and bring out more super heroes. I believe comics can make a comeback based on in recent years the “nerd” like culture has become “cool”. We see this in shows like Big Bang Theory, even in rap culture with groups like Odd Future and Childish Gambino.
Also Comic Book adaptions have become the most profitable movies in Hollywood. Usually, when movies are based from a comic book or movie, they go on to make hundreds of millions dollars in the box offices. This then causes sequels, television programming and merchandising. With the connection of the marvel cinematic universal it maks people grow from just liking maybe one super hero movie, to liking the entire super hero franchise. Iron Man set the tone with the Iron Man. Iron Man being my favorite hero and by far the best super hero, with the movie revived my love for the super hero genre. With all of the reboots and shows i blive people will get tired of it, only for it to be brought back like we have seen in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. Im sure the super hero genre will go on forever taking on all kinds of media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Comics Ch. 1-2 & Comic Book Nation Ch.1

To begin with, I really do like the idea of reading a comic about comics. I think it's a great idea and it's very well executed. As I was reading the first two chapters, I was surprised at how many examples there were of art in recent (and ancient, in some cases) history that are variations of "sequential visual art" and thus the foundations of modern comics. I'd never even thought about it before and it was hard to believe how many different kinds there were. I also love all the discussion about how our human brains automatically interpret certain images in a specific way, how we see others constantly but we identify ourselves when we look at cartoons, and how inanimate objects automatically becomes extensions of our bodies. The pyramid of styles was very interesting too as a way to conceptualize and almost graph or "place" a specific art style in comics. In Comic Book Nation , I enjoyed reading about the evolution of early comics from "funnies...

MegaCon 2011 Mobile Blog Entry

Next up, the Crime Noir Panel hosted by The Rack Pack Comic Podcast . Jimmy Palmiotti, Frank Tieri, Darwyn Cook and Dave Johnson are the speakers. MegaCon has matured as the comic industry has grown in importance in popular culture. Orlando's native convention should be attracting this kind of top talents and now it seem to be doing it.

Adrian Veidt

Even though I have not completely finished chapter ten, I was so excited to see that the Minute men had the same hypothesis that I did, being that Adrian Veidt was behind the murders.  My reasoning began when I recalled that earlier in the minute men's career he, Adrian, ditched them and went off on his own.  I have since wondered what his reasoning for doing so was, but after the last few pages, the idea of ultimate power comes to mind.  If Adrian is the leader of a huge corporation and has all of this power and basically his own continent, being probably the only powerful person to live on Antarctica, all that is left standing in his way of doing what he wants are those who might be equally as powerful as him or more so.  The only people that fit into this category of people who might be able to stop him are the minute men or other masked heros.  I further believe that Adrian does not care what he has to do to make money and achieve power.  One letter to him addresses him wanting...