Skip to main content

What is the future for the superhero?

The feature of the Superhero is difficult to predict. However, every character and superheroes have been changed into what society is needed. Especially, character like superhero has great influential power on our society, and it tells us what is lacking in our society and reflection of people's thirst of change in society. Therefore, in the 2oth century, there were a lot of Superheroes with super power and fighting crimes. However, this 21st century is bit different compared to the 20th century. Although, people are thirst of superheroes fighting crime and organizing society, people are somewhat sick of old fashioned superheroes and our society is quickly growing in capitalism and people want to relate closer to their real life situation. Therefore, my wild guess of future of the superhero might be somewhat related to the real life person with no superpower and person who overcomes real life issues. Issues, such as harsh financial problems, health problems, and many other hardship people face in real life. Or a success story of a businessman or businesswoman. Also, superhero might be presented as more mild person with less dramatic back ground and characteristic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Comics Ch. 1-2 & Comic Book Nation Ch.1

To begin with, I really do like the idea of reading a comic about comics. I think it's a great idea and it's very well executed. As I was reading the first two chapters, I was surprised at how many examples there were of art in recent (and ancient, in some cases) history that are variations of "sequential visual art" and thus the foundations of modern comics. I'd never even thought about it before and it was hard to believe how many different kinds there were. I also love all the discussion about how our human brains automatically interpret certain images in a specific way, how we see others constantly but we identify ourselves when we look at cartoons, and how inanimate objects automatically becomes extensions of our bodies. The pyramid of styles was very interesting too as a way to conceptualize and almost graph or "place" a specific art style in comics. In Comic Book Nation , I enjoyed reading about the evolution of early comics from "funnies...

MegaCon 2011 Mobile Blog Entry

Next up, the Crime Noir Panel hosted by The Rack Pack Comic Podcast . Jimmy Palmiotti, Frank Tieri, Darwyn Cook and Dave Johnson are the speakers. MegaCon has matured as the comic industry has grown in importance in popular culture. Orlando's native convention should be attracting this kind of top talents and now it seem to be doing it.

Adrian Veidt

Even though I have not completely finished chapter ten, I was so excited to see that the Minute men had the same hypothesis that I did, being that Adrian Veidt was behind the murders.  My reasoning began when I recalled that earlier in the minute men's career he, Adrian, ditched them and went off on his own.  I have since wondered what his reasoning for doing so was, but after the last few pages, the idea of ultimate power comes to mind.  If Adrian is the leader of a huge corporation and has all of this power and basically his own continent, being probably the only powerful person to live on Antarctica, all that is left standing in his way of doing what he wants are those who might be equally as powerful as him or more so.  The only people that fit into this category of people who might be able to stop him are the minute men or other masked heros.  I further believe that Adrian does not care what he has to do to make money and achieve power.  One letter to him addresses him wanting...